Rebel Doll Zine
A citywide collaboration of art, music and writing.
Rebel Doll Zine (RDZ) is a showcase of Indianapolis based artists, writers, and musicians and is an independently published Zine based out of Indianapolis, IN.
The first issue was released in 2009. After 8 issues, RDZ’s sole editor (Rebel) Jane (s.Jane Mills) put RDZ on a bit of a hiatus in 2012 to pursue some art and music goals – illustrating and playing in her band. In 2016, Jane’s friend Kelso organized a Zine Festival in Indianapolis (The Gluestick Festival). Jane will be tabling at Gluestick Fest for a second year and will be selling artwork, stickers, and zines (reissues and present). Rebel Doll Zine was reborn – Phoenix style – with Issue #9 released on July 9, exclusively for The First Gluestick Festival. Issue #10 was released on July 8th, 2017 for the 2nd Annual Gluestick Fest.
Other Rebel Doll Zine offshoot projects are in the works! (updated 10/30/17)
Rebel Doll Zine accepts submissions all year, please read the guidelines below.
Guidelines and details on submitting to Rebel Doll Zine (RDZ)
- Email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may submit art, photography, writing of any kind, comics, band or show reviews, etc. (email me if you’re not sure if what you wish to submit is accepted)
- It is not necessary to follow the theme, it is just a suggestion :)
- RDZ will only accept submissions from artists who are currently residing in the Indianapolis, IN and surrounding areas. There may be exceptions in special circumstances
- Image based submissions must be at least 300 dpi .JPG image files in color or greyscale
- Rebel Doll Zine is a “half zine” (letter size paper folded in half to create a book) – each page is 5.5×8.5 inches. Submissions limited to 1 page, but exceptions can be made, email email@example.com to see.
- There is no word count, but please make sure your words are legible on a 5.5×8.5 page
- Writing, Poetry, Prose may be retyped with a typewriter, if you do not want this please note in your submission email.
- If you are submitting multiple things, please make them separate emails.
- Cursing is allowed depending on context (email me if you are unsure)
- All submissions received will be pending review and person(s) will be notified on or before the submission deadline if their submission is accepted.
- If you are accepted, you will receive a free copy of the zine (in color)!
- If you are not accepted, you will receive a free copy of the zine in black and white for submitting!
- RDZ does not offer monetary compensation. As an independently published zine, RDZ is entirely volunteer based.
- RDZ editor(s) have the right to not include/accept submission(s) that were received.
- If you submit something overtly offensive (e.g. racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.), you will never be in any Rebel Doll Zines
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your submission
- By submitting to Rebel Doll Zine, you agree with the the following statement: Contributors to Rebel Doll Zine give permission for s.Jane Mills to reproduce/print their submission(s) in Rebel Doll Zines and share their submission(s) (e.g. future Art Show). Rebel Doll Zine does not make profit from contributor’s submission, only from cost to produce Rebel Doll Zine. Every artist is credited for his or her work within Rebel Doll Zine. Art shows that feature Rebel Doll Zine will list each artist as a contributor and, if provided, a link to contributor’s website.
Contact Jane: email@example.com
Find Rebel Doll Zine Online:
Disclaimers: All contributors to Rebel Doll Zine (past, present, and future) give permission for s.Jane Mills to share their submission(s) (e.g. Art Show) and reproduce/print their submission(s) in Rebel Doll Zine. Rebel Doll Zine does not make profit from Contributor’s submission, only from cost to produce Rebel Doll Zine. Every artist is credited for his or her work within Rebel Doll Zine. Art shows that feature Rebel Doll Zine will list each artist as a contributor and, if provided, a website link. By submitting to Rebel Doll Zine, you agree with the above statement.